MINORITY BUSINESS OPPORTUNITIES TASK FORCE (MBOT) ORGANIZATIONS
The regional Minority Business Opportunities Task Force (MBOT) was established in 2007 to aid the Tri-County Council of Southern MD in the data gathering and needs analysis of our growing small, minority & women owned business community. As a result of this effort, the MBOT has identified several key issues of regional concern. Regional data collection, capacity building and awareness were determined to be critical areas of need.
Three characteristics that inhibit minority entrepreneurial success are they tend to lack the size, scale and capabilities of their mainstream counterparts; they are disproportionately represented in low-growth and no-growth sectors; they rely more on personal debt and family financing to sustain their businesses, increasing the vulnerability of their family.
The MBOT Member Organization’s include the:
- Calvert County Minority Business Alliance
- Charles County Minority Business Advocacy Council
- The Embassy Business Complex of Charles County
- TIPS (Technology, Information, Partnerships, Solutions Group) of St. Mary’s County
- St. Mary’s County Minority Business Alliance