What Types of Insurance will I need for my Business?

October 16th, 2011 by

What types of insurance will I need for my business?

It is very important that business owners maintain adequate insurance coverage such as liability, property/casualty, loss of use, unemployment, workers’ compensation, and product liability insurance. We recommend that you review your insurance needs with your insurance agent or one who handles commercial coverage. Also, if your business is home based, be sure that you have additional coverage for your business assets as most homeowner’s policies do not cover any losses related to a business.

Regarding health insurance, it can sometimes be difficult for small business owners to obtain group rates, since they do not have the benefit of economies of scale like corporations, which receive lower group rates. One option to small business owners is to join a trade association that offers health insurance to its members. These members are pooled together to receive a group rate. Additionally many of the larger insurance providers offer special group packages that are tailored to fit the needs of small business owners. Ask you insurance provider for a small business quote.

Comments are closed.